The Dutchman has spent the past four weeks on the sidelines due to injury, but he could make his eagerly-awaited comeback inside the next fortnight
Bayern Munich attacker Arjen Robben is optimistic about his recovery and is confident he will be match fit in time for the Champions League semi-finals.
The Netherlands international picked up an abdominal problem in his side’s defeat at the hands of Borussia Monchengladbach back in April and has since been out of action.
Robben consequently missed a number of big games, including the Champions League quarter-final tie against Porto.
The winger is edging closer to his comeback, though, and expects to be back in action within two weeks’ time.
“I returned to the training pitch on Monday and did some running exercises,” Robben told NOS.
“I read somewhere that I was already sprinting again, but they must have been blinded by the sun or something when they were watching me.
“My recovery is going according to schedule. The doctor told me I would be sidelined for six weeks. It’s been four weeks now, so two to go… I can only say that things are going very well.
“I was already hoping Bayern would turn things around versus Porto. This gives me a chance to return for the semi-finals.”
Robben then went on to voice his disappointment with the departure of club doctor Hans-Wilhelm Muller-Wohlfahrt, who resigned last week.
“His departure is a sad thing and comes at a bad moment for us. But these kinds of things happen. I just want to be fully recovered when I return. I don’t want to endure any setbacks.”