Lewandowski in no rush to sign new Bayern deal

Real Madrid are interested in capturing the Bundesliga winner, but the Polish forward insists he is focused on Euro 2016 and isn’t thinking about his future at the Allianz Arena

Robert Lewandowski has insisted he is in no rush to sign a new deal with Bayern Munich amid interest from Real Madrid.

The Poland international’s agent, Cezary Kucharski, recently admitted they have held talks with the Champions League winners, fuelling speculation Lewandowski could be on the move ahead of next season.

Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge quickly stressed the 27-year-old is not for sale at any price and the Bavarians are keen to hold on to the prolific striker beyond the expiry date of his current deal in June 2019.

The Bundesliga champions have already sat down with their top scorer on more than one occasion to discuss a renewal, but talks have so far been fruitless.


GOALREAD MORE  | Robben and Ribery in line for new deals


Lewandowski remains calm about his future, though, and is adamant he has other priorities at this stage.

“There is no pressure [to agree a new deal],” the striker told Sport Bild when asked about a potential renewal.

“We have Euro 2016 coming up first. I have a lot of things on my mind. I am calm about it all.”

Lewandowski joined Bayern from Borussia Dortmund on a free transfer in 2014 and has since developed into a key figure at the Allianz Arena.

He scored 30 goals in 32 league appearances in 2015-16 to be crowned Bundesliga top scorer.

Alaba agent proud of Real Madrid interest

Zinedine Zidane’s side are reportedly keen to spend big this summer in order to land the Austria international and his representative is flattered to hear of their interest

The father and agent of Bayern Munich defender David Alaba is proud of rumoured interest from Real Madrid.

A report in Spain on Tuesday claimed that the Champions League winners have lodged a €50 million bid for the Austria international.

His father George, who also acts as his representative, would not go into detail on Madrid’s purported offer but admits that the speculation is flattering for the 23-year-old.

“We’re at a moment when we don’t need to make any comment. Madrid are a great club and I’m proud of the interest. That’s all I can say, nothing else,” he told AS.


GOALREAD MORE  | ‘Ancelotti will not push out Gotze’


Alaba signed a new three-year contract with Bayern in March this year and said he was eager to achieve more success at the Allianz Arena, where he has won five Bundesliga titles and four DFB-Pokals.

“I’m very happy and grateful that I can continue playing for the best club in the world,” he told the club’s official website. “There’s a lot I want to achieve here in the years to come and I’ll continue to give my best for FC Bayern.”

Alaba, tipped to be one of the stars at Euro 2016, scored an unfortunate own goal for Austria in Tuesday’s 2-1 friendly win over Malta.

Ancelotti: I won't tear up Guardiola's blueprint at Bayern

The former Real Madrid boss insists he is aiming for evolution, rather than revolution, with the Bavarians and says he will seek advice from his departing counterpart

Carlo Ancelotti has no intention of rocking the boat at Bayern Munich and says he will seek the advice of departing coach Pep Guardiola.

Ancelotti was appointed as Guardiola’s successor in December after it was confirmed that the Spaniard would be leaving for Manchester City ahead of the 2016-17 campaign.

But the former Real Madrid boss insists there is no need to rip up the blueprint of the previous regime which has dominated domestically in the last three seasons.

“I’ve had a very good relationship with Pep Guardiola for a long time,” Ancelotti is quoted as saying via Sport Bild.


GOALREAD MORE  | Bayern dealings ‘strange’ – Scholl


“I think we will be talking to each other before the start of the season.

“Pep did a great job in Munich. I do not want to change too much, but to build on his work.”

Discussing the future of Mario Gotze, who is reported to be surplus to requirements after struggling for form and fitness this season, Ancelotti added: “I talked to Mario Gotze. He knows my opinion.”

Ancelotti will not push out Gotze at Bayern – Khedira

The World Cup winner has been heavily linked with a move away from the Bundesliga champions this summer but the Juventus midfielder does not expect him to leave

Sami Khedira does not believe rumours that incoming Bayern Munich coach Carlo Ancelotti has told Mario Gotze he is no longer needed at the Allianz Arena.

Gotze’s future with the Bundesliga champions remains shrouded in doubt with reports suggesting the attacking midfielder is surplus to requirements after struggling for form and fitness this season.

Goal understands Liverpool have cooled their interest in the World Cup winner after the 23-year-old recently stated his desire to stay and fight for his chance under Ancelotti.

Juventus midfielder Khedira, who worked with Ancelotti at Real Madrid, is adamant the Italian coach would never force any player to leave and expects his Germany team-mate to be given a fair opportunity.


GOALREAD MORE  | ‘Bayern transfer dealings are strange’


“Carlo is not the kind of person to push out any players. On the contrary, he would like to keep his squad together,” Khedira told Sport Bild.

“Mario is an experienced player despite his young age. Of course, he still has a thing or two to learn and develop personally. But I cannot imagine Carlo saying he does not want him in his team.

“I remember that Gonzalo Higuain wanted to leave Madrid, but Ancelotti did everything he could to keep him on board.

“He never told a player that he wanted him out. Only if a player personally tells him that he does not want to work with him, then Ancelotti will tell a player he can leave.”

Scholl: Gotze and Lewandowski dealings strange

The iconic former Bayern midfielder has spoke of his confusion as the Bavarians seek to retain their Polish striker and let go a Germany international playmaker

Former Bayern Munich midfielder Mehmet Scholl has branded the club’s dealings with Mario Gotze and Robert Lewandowski as “strange”.

The ex-Borussia Dortmund pair have both been linked with moves away from the Allianz Arena but, while Gotze – a reported target for Liverpool – is said to have been urged to leave by club officials, Bayern appear determined to keep Lewandowski.

This stance contrasts that of the players, with Gotze apparently eager to remain with the Bundesliga champions and Lewandowski seemingly keen to leave, with his agent recently confirming transfer talks with Real Madrid.


GOALREAD MORE  | Gotze unconcerned by club future


And Scholl, who was a coach at Bayern until 2013, told ARD: “Something strange is happening.

“A player [Gotze], whose contract runs for one [more] year, wants to remain and has committed several times to the club, but this is not welcomed by the club and he allegedly must go.

“Another player [Lewandowski], whose contract runs for three years, is already talking with other clubs about a change and is still not declared for sale?

“Lewandowski does not have much cunning in Bavaria.

“He has scored 30 goals, has a three-year contract and is still negotiating with other clubs – he probably feels not too well at Bayern.”