The Bayern Munich ace quit international football last year and his representative has revealed that his client felt picked on during his time with Les Bleus
Franck Ribery’s agent does not believe that there is any chance of the winger reversing his decision to stop playing for France.
The 32-year-old attacker missed last year’s World Cup with a back problem before then deciding to call time on his international career, much to the disappointment of Uefa president Michel Platini, who argued that players did not have the right to refuse the call of duty from their countries.
However, Ribery’s representative, Jean-Pierre Bernes, says his client’s decision was the right one, arguing that he was unfairly criticised throughout his France career.
“I do not think there’s a chance of seeing Ribery in the national team again,” the agent told RMC. “He made a choice and he is going to stick with it until the end.
“In France, we were not always very kind to him. In life, one is not obliged to attack a person.
“Franck is very emotional guy and the climate of permanent criticism was not good for him.”
Ribery is currently out of action with a persistent ankle problem but Bernes is confident that the forward will return before the end of the 2014-15 campaign.
“I got him on the phone yesterday [Tuesday],” he added. “He is still injured.
“He returned playing previously while he was still injured. He wanted to play with the pain but it got worse.
“He is in a recovery phase now but I think we will see him again before the end of the season.”