Contento: I will not cause any problems at Bayern

The former Germany Under-21 player wants regular first team action, but has stressed that he has no intentions of causing any controversy

Diego Contento has insisted that he will not cause any problems at Bayern Munich because of his substitute role.

The left-back has been struggling to secure regular first team action at the Bundesliga champions because of the presence of David Alaba and appeared to be on his way out earlier this summer.

However, a move to Werder Bremen has seemingly fallen through and Contento might have to settle for a spot on the bench again this season.

“I have been with Bayern ever since I was four years old. It would simply be wrong to kick up a fuss because I don’t get regular first team action,” Contento told Bild.

“Of course, I would like to play more often, but I have an ongoing contract and intend to respect it.

“Things can change pretty quickly in football, though. You never know what will happen tomorrow.”

The 23-year-old is a product of the Bayern youth academy and has made 39 Bundesliga appearances since making his official debut in 2009-10.

Wolfsburg confirm Bayern Munich's Gustavo capture

The holding midfielder has opted against a move to Arsenal and will continue his career at the 2008-09 Bundesliga champions

Wolfsburg have announced they have secured the services of Luiz Gustavo from Bayern Munich for an undisclosed fee, beating Arsenal to the signature of the Brazil international.

The 26-year-old has signed a five-year deal with the 2008-09 Bundesliga champions and will be officially presented later on Friday.

Gustavo was keen to leave Bayern after he was deemed surplus to requirements by head coach Pep Guardiola following the arrival of Thiago Alcantara from Barcelona earlier this transfer window.

He had also caught the attention of Arsenal and the Premier League giants had a €20 million offer accepted for Gustavo, however, the midfielder has decided to stay in the Bundesliga.

Gustavo had joined Bayern from Hoffenheim in January 2011, making over 60 Bundesliga appearances for the Allianz Arena side, where he also won the treble in 2012-13.

The Brazilian midfielder joins compatriots Naldo, Diego and Felipe Lopes at Wolfsburg.

BREAKING NEWS: Wolfsburg confirm Gustavo capture

The holding midfielder has opted against a move to Arsenal and will continue his career at the 2008-09 Bundesliga champions

Wolfsburg have announced on their official website that they have secured the services of Luiz Gustavo from Bayern Munich for an undisclosed fee, beating Arsenal to the signature of the Brazil international.

The 26-year-old has signed a five-year deal with the 2008-09 Bundesliga champions and will be officially presented later on Friday.

More to follow …

Wolfsburg: Luiz Gustavo chances are good

The Gunners face the prospect of missing out on another top summer transfer target despite being confident of sealing a €20 million deal for the Brazil international

Wolfsburg sporting director Klaus Allofs has denied that the club have completed a deal for Arsenal target Luiz Gustavo.

The Gunners have been looking to seal a €20 million deal for the out-of-favour Bayern midfielder as Arsene Wenger hopes to add to the solitary summer arrival of Yaya Sanogo.

Despite strong interest from the Premier League side, Wolfsburg are hopeful of attracting Gustavo to the Volkswagen Arena although Allofs is adamant there is no deal in place just yet.

He told reporters: “The chances are good but the deal is not done. To report that is just false.”

Wolfsburg coach Dieter Hecking had earlier spoke of his optimism that a deal could be agreed for the Brazil international.

He told SID: “We can’t confirm the transfer yet. He has been with the Selecao, so we haven’t had more talks.

“But we hope he will decide for Wolfsburg. Of course we know there are several other clubs interested.”

Martin Winterkorn, CEO of the VW Group who own Wolfsburg, put pressure on Hecking after he urged the side who finished 11th in Germany’s top flight last season to sign the 26-year-old midfielder back in July.

Having already missed out on Gonzalo Higuain, who joined Napoli earlier in the transfer window, and with Liverpool adamant they will not allow Luis Suarez to leave for the Emirates Stadium, Wenger faces the prospect of missing out on another top target ahead of the start of the 2013-14 campaign.

I don't fear Gotze competition, says Robben

The winger is keen to play alongside the former Dortmund star and thinks Franck Ribery deserves to win Uefa’s Best Player in Europe award

Arjen Robben has insisted that he does not fear competition from Mario Gotze following the midfielder’s arrival at Bayern Munich from Borussia Dortmund this summer.

The Germany international, 21, recently made his Bayern debut after a lengthy spell on the sidelines due to injury and Robben is looking forward to teaming up with the former BVB star.

“Gotze’s arrival? You have to believe in yourself and don’t fear competition for places. I am really looking forward to playing alongside Mario,” the 29-year-old was quoted as saying by Bild.

“He is a great player. One of our biggest strengths last year was that the absence of a key player didn’t really weaken us.

“And it can be a positive thing as well when you occasionally miss a game in a season followed by a World Cup.”

The Dutchman then went on to discuss Franck Ribery’s nomination for Uefa’s Best Player in Europe award and stated that his team-mate is more deserving of the award than Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo.

“I would totally understand it if Ribery wins it. He deserves it. It would also be recognition for the team. It’s the team that allows individuals to shine.

“Messi and Ronaldo are extraordinary, but Franck and Bayern won the treble.”