The midfielder has dismissed suggestions that he is unhappy with the club or with Pep Guardiola after revealing his intention to leave the Bavarian giants
Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg has stressed that he does not have any problems with Pep Guardiola or anyone else at Bayern Munich.
The Denmark international recently stated that he wants to leave the club in order to get regular first team action elsewhere and some reports suggested that there was more to Hojbjerg’s desire to leave than his lack of playing time.
However, the 19-year-old has made it clear his transfer wish is only for sporting reasons.
“I am not angry with Bayern and I am not unhappy with the coach or the board either,” Hojbjerg told reporters.
“It might look a bit strange when a 19-year-old comes out and says he wants to play, but that’s football. We all want to play our role. Everybody has their personal ambitions. We are athletes and want to be involved.
“My agent will arrive in Munich on Thursday and we will talk with the club about my future.”
Hojbjerg has been linked with clubs such as Borussia Monchengladbach and Roma in recent weeks.
His current deal with Bayern runs until the summer of 2016.
The midfielder has made nine appearances in all competitions for Bayern so far this season.
The Frenchman has revealed that a number of clubs were after him and he was actually on the verge of signing with the Santiago Bernabeu side at one point
Franck Ribery has revealed that he was close to leaving Bayern Munich for Real Madrid in the summer of 2009.
It’s no secret that the Blancos attempted to sign the ex-France international a number of years ago, but Ribery has now made it clear that a transfer was closer than any one might have expected.
“I went through a difficult period in 2009 when [Louis] van Gaal arrived at the club,” Ribery, who has a contract at the Allianz Arena until June 2017, told Sport Bild.
“Not just because I didn’t get along very well with Van Gaal, but also because a lot of clubs wanted me: Juventus, Inter, Chelsea, Manchester City, Real Madrid and Barcelona.
“My agent and Real Madrid’s representatives had already held a number of talks. My wife told me that she was happy to move to Madrid if that was what I wanted to. Everything was ready to go.
“The situation is different now. She would ask me whether I’m crazy if I proposed a move.
“I was still a bit younger then and was shocked about all the interest. I didn’t know what to do and was on the verge of a transfer. I then had two or three meetings with Uli Hoeness and Karl-Heinz Rummenigge and these were great. I will never forget those.”
Ribery, now 31, eventually stayed at Bayern where he has since won three Bundesliga titles, as many DFB Pokals, the Champions League and a Fifa Club World Cup trophy.
According to the club legend, the Bundesliga champions are prepared to sell the versatile attacker if a good offer comes in the winter transfer window
Bayern Munich’s honorary president Franz Beckenbauer has conceded the club are likely to let Xherdan Shaqiri move on in January.
Shaqiri, 23, has been restricted to just three Bundesliga starts so far this season, while each of his four appearances in the Champions League have come as a substitute.
The Switzerland international’s continued lack of game time has led to speculation over his future and Beckenbauer expects Shaqiri to find a new club when the transfer window reopens in January.
“Bayern have already sent out a signal and indicated to him that he can probably go in the winter break, when he wants,” he 69-year-old told Sky.
“I think it’s a shame because he is a great talent.”
Shaqiri, who joined Bayern from Basel in 2012, has been heavily linked with a move to Serie A. Juventus and Inter are allegedly keeping a close eye on his situation at the Allianz Arena.
The attacker has a contract with the Bundesliga champions until the summer of 2016.